STOP ANIMAL CRUELTY.
LOREAL STOP TESTING ON INNOCENT ANIMALS
Check out the listicle here. It’s amazing. Trust me, I wrote it, I should know.
I was thinking the other day about a film I watch quite a lot, and one of my favourite quotes in it. In fact, it’s got a couple of quotes that really stand out to me. I’m here to tell you about them, and any other quotes that stand out to me.
- The quote that always stands out to me is from a film called “A Cinderella Story”, it features Hilary Duff and Chad Michael Murray. This is the quote; “never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.” The original quote was said by Babe Ruth, and it was interpreted into the film in one of the most beautiful ways. “Cinderella” as you most probably know the story goes, is left with her evil stepmother after her father passes, in this modern-day version, her father passes from a Los Angeles earthquake. Cinderella’s evil stepmother takes over the diner her dad owned, and makes her clean, while wearing roller-skates. She won’t allow her to go to her senior prom because she must work, and a whole array of other evil things. The quote is written on the wall of the diner, but was covered up with something when the evil stepmother took over. After she storms out of the diner one day and slams the door, the object falls, tearing the wallpaper, thus revealing the famous quote. Cinderella has an epiphany and as a result, she quits her job at the diner, and the evil stepmother gets her comeuppance, and Cinderella finds her true love! She ends up taking over the diner, and banishes her evil stepmother forever! This quote has always stood out to me because it just goes to show you shouldn’t let fear stop you from achieving your dreams.
- “Waiting for you is like waiting for the rain in this drought… useless and disappointing.” Another Cinderella story quote, I’m not ashamed to say I love this film! About three quarters of the way through, Cinderella’s lover finds out that she is diner girl, and he backs off and is quite frankly a bit of a dick about it. She storms into the men’s locker room while they are preparing for a football game, and she tells him how it is. One of the things she says is “waiting for you is like waiting for the rain in this drought… useless and disappointing.” Now, I’m not sure why this particular quote sticks out to me but it always has. I think the whole scene sticks out and that’s why. Sam’s not afraid to be who she is and she’s not afraid to tell someone they’re being a dick. Halfway through the football gamer, Austin (lover boy) realises what he’s done, sees Sam about to leave and goes running up the steps to where she is, and kisses her. As he does so a single drop of rain drops on his cheek, they both look up at the sky, and sure enough it starts to pour, “sorry I waited for the rain”.
- “Shoot for the moon, even if you fail, you’ll land among the stars.” Wow, isn’t that just beautiful. It was said by Cecelia Ahern in the film “P.S I love you”. Another quote that just shows, you can do something if you put your mind to it. And even if you don’t get to your destination the first time, you’re still one more step ahead than you were.
- A very famous man once said “When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I told them ‘happy’, they told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life.” Have you heard that quote before? The man who said it, was none other than John Lennon. He was a very clever man. This quote has always stood out to me for reasons unbeknown. Now I know, I don’t need thousands of pounds, or a fast car or a big house to make me happy. (Of course, I’d be thrilled if I had just one of those things!) I just need family, good friends and a career I love, and a dog. Dogs are a must.
- A very intelligent and hilarious man has said a variety of things that all mean something to me. It’s hard to choose between them. That man was called Robin Williams (21 July 1951- 11 August 2014 RIP). One of my most favourite quotes is this “You’re only given a little spark of madness, you mustn’t lose it.” How true that is. This man was seemingly one of the happiest men on the planet, and yet he was also one of the most miserable. He was happily mad and it showed in his career, from “Mrs Doubtfire” to “Jumanji” to being a cartoon Genie in “Aladdin”. He certainly knew how to make people laugh. Thinking about the fact he won’t be on our screens as new characters anymore makes me quite tearful. Robin Williams was one of the actors I truly looked up to. He has gotten me through some hard times. I know when I am feeling down I can put on one of his movies and I’ll be wetting myself with laughter.
- “If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
These are my favourite quotes. Do you know of any other famous quotes? Do you have favourite film quotes? Let me know, I’d love to hear your thoughts.